1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens.
- Every comment is valuable.
- Not everyone agrees with your point of view.
- It is healthy to comment on points that you disagree with and it can be done in a proper manner without offending the author.
2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally. Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship Presentations for Students, Parents and Teachers
3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students. I would teach this idea by on their first assignment me making negative or snide remarks to their post and then discussing how those felt. Then I would give an assignment where they had to disagree with a person's point of view and have them practice doing so respectfully.
4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents. I can share this idea with parents in my syllabus and on my website.